The KHM-Museumsverband is implementing the Austrian Government’s decision to shut down all cultural places and will therefore close their doors to the public from 3 November until 6 December 2020.
Our Safety Measures for your Untroubled Visit
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. Extensive safety measures are in place to ensure that your visit is an untroubled experience.
Please note the following regulations and measures for your visit:
- Keep a distance of at least one metre to all persons who are not members of your own household.
- The wearing of a mouth and nose protector is obligatory during the visit. Our Guest Service on site will gladly provide you with a disposable mask.
- If you use our elevator, please do so only one person at a time or with persons who live in your household.
- We recommend that you purchase your ticket online before your visit. https://bit.ly/Theatermuseum_Ticket
- Contactless payment is possible at our cash desks, too.
- Audio guides will be disinfected according to the regulations in place after each use.
- The cloakroom will not be staffed. Please use one of our many lockers.
- Disinfectants are available for use at the entrance and in the cloakroom.
- Wash-rooms and toilets will be cleaned more frequently and all door handles and frequently touched areas throughout the building will be cleaned several times a day.
Please turn to our staff, who will be happy to answer any questions!
<small>view lager map</small>
Getting here from Westbahnhof:
Subway U3 to Stephansplatz
Getting here from Hauptbahnhof/Central Station:
Tramway D to Karlsplatz/Oper
Other Public transportation:
U1, U2, U3, U4, D, 1, 2, 62, 3A, 59A
Barrier free access
- Main gate barrier-free, door width 120 cm, behind the porch double swinging door, width 120 cm
- Intercom at the main gate (porter / box office), staff will guide you upon request to the elevator for visiting exhibition rooms on the first floor (door width 130 cm, cabin depth 150 cm, cabin width 130 cm)
- Small ramps (3-5 cm) in the exhibition area on the first floor
- Exhibition area on the ground floor accessible via a 15 cm step (staff will place a portable ramp as required)
- Barrier-free restrooms on the ground floor
- Wheelchairs available upon prior notification (minimum 2 days ahead of your visit)
- All guided tours are offered for visitors with disabilities and special needs upon request
(T +43 1 525 24 5310)
- Access with guide dogs possible
(please notify ticket box in advance, T +43 1 52524-2729)
- Concessions: students up to 25, senior citizens over 65 or on presentation of a valid pensioners´ ID, handicapped people, military and community service conscripts, unemployed persons.
- With valid ID. Also applies to children and teens in school groups.